Friday, September 21, 2007

Belle Journee

Bonsoir! And thus concludes my first day in Paris... Luckily my flight was on time and my luggage was not lost. There was a bit of delay in finding my shuttle, but many, many hours later I arrived at 9 Rue Ste Anastase and was introduced to my new home for the next 4 days. It's darling, very small, and has loads of sunlight (a must!) After checking out the pad, I rushed out the door for a huge bottle of water and for lunch. Sat down at an adorable cafe on Rue de Turenne and enjoyed a grand cafe creme, a slice of quiche vegetarienne, and the requisite basket of french bread. Mmmm mm good! Soon thereafter i found my way back to my apartment and passed out for a couple of hours. Those red eye's are brutal, and I got maybe 2 hours of sleep total on the plane. After waking up i got myself together and ventured out for some exploring. Found the apartment my sister and I stayed in just over 2 years ago, found my favorite falafel stand (lunch tomorrow!!), and the yummy gelato place on the corner (pistachio and hazelnut, if you're wondering). Walked to the Hotel de Ville, crossed the Seine, said hello to Notre Dame, did a bit of people watching, and then decided it was time to head back. On the way i stopped at a small boulangerie and picked up a warm baguette, then by the supermarche for some fromage (cheeese!) and bourdeaux (vino!) and made myself a delicious little dinner. And now after a hot shower and a glass of wine, i am so ready for sleep. Tomorrow morning i'm meeting Claudia to visit a Parisien flea market (my first!) and then we'll see where the day takes me. J'adore Paris!!

No comments: