Friday, December 24, 2010

4 Miles: California-Style

Just got back from doing 4 miles in Ma Soeur's neighborhood.  It's beautiful, sunny and a downright balmy 50 something degrees outside.  I got so hot during my first 2 miles that I had to strip down to shorts and a tank for my last 2.  Admittedly it wasn't my best run, and I am D-Y-I-N-G to plug in my Garmin to check out my stats, but alas, I didn't bring my laptop or cord w/ me.  Ma Soeur's neighborhood is small, and so I had to get a bit creative to figure out to accomplish my 4 miles without looping the same loop about 15 times.  I used mapmyrun.com and found a good, albeit confusing 2-mile loop, which would allow me to stop for water.  Unfortunately, despite my studying the map for a good 10 minutes, I still got confused and spent the first 2 miles frantically going back and forth, trying to find my way.  Needless to say, by the time I got back to the house for a water break, I was annoyed, hot and tired.  For the last 2 miles, I decided to stick to a safe route.  I was pretty tired, and it didn't go quite as seamlessly as a 4-miler should at this point, but whatever, I finished.  I'm now inhaling hot cocoa and a breakfast pita and then will get ready to meet the gorgeous CRYSTAL for a coffee date in Santana Row.  Then, I will feast on a burger and french fries.  :D

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!

No comments: