Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Here's another video (I'm hooked!) of my Gift Exchange prezzies. I LOVE THEM! Enjoy... (Oh and pardon my awful hair - didn't have time to do it this morning. Eek.)
Maryam's blog and twitter (YAY THANKS AGAIN, MARYAM!!!)
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
Sooo I think I'm going to take a petit break from blogging. Idk how long this break will be (maybe a day? maybe a month?), but it is what it is. I think I'll def. post my December goals and December full moon dreamboard (oh and also my Holiday gift exchange!), but after that, I'm just needing some time and space. I do hope you understand. And I really hope you'll be here when I get back. (Oh and don't worry, I'll still be twitter-happy, yo!)
P.S. This time of year always makes me miss Londy. :( I absolutely lived for the gorgeous Christmas lights on EVERY building. Harrods was particularly delightful. Oh Harrods... I miss you lots.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
1. Better overall aesthetic – Although I absolutely adored the original Twilight, you could tell it was made with a tres limited budget. Things just weren’t as polished as you’d expect a sci-fi romance to be. All that changed with New Moon (as it should’ve – hello big bucks!). The movie was executed much smoother, and the special effects (aka BADASS WEREWOLVES TO BE DISCUSSED BELOW) were fantastic.
2. Better Bella? It pains me to say this b/c I absolutely abhor Kristen Stewart as an actress and person overall, and she was GOD AWFUL in the original Twilight (that scene in the hospital bed??? you’ve got to be kidding me). But. She was actually better in New Moon, and I didn’t want to smack her every 5 minutes like I did with Twilight. Her lack of tears still upset me (hello, Bella in the book = a big hot mess when Edward dumps her), but overall, she was much more bearable. (She’s also thinner and prettier in New Moon. Damn you, Hollywood!)
3. Hello, Jacob – So, I am mature enough to admit that Twilight was a pretty awful movie in many respects. Nonetheless I saw it a total of SEVEN (yes, seven!) times in the theater. Pourquoi? Because of Edward Cullen. Because of Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen. Because he was absolute perfection in that role. Fast forward to New Moon. I had my fears that Edward wasn’t looking as suave/gorgeous in this one based on trailers and pics I had seen, but wow, he really disappointed moi. His hair isn’t as big (makes a huge difference), and he looks… older. Almost wrinkly. And the color of his skin is different, too. I was not a fan. JACOB, on the other hand? Holy. Cow. I feel like such a pedophile for saying this (ya know, b/c he’s like 12), but good god that boy has a bangin’ body. Body + tan + short haircut + adorable sweetness? I found myself beyond conflicted by the end of the film. Team Edward or Team Jacob? I just don’t know.
4. WEREWOLVES!!! By far, my FAVORITE part of the movie was the werewolves. First, they were freaking terrifying (AND GINORMOUS). Second, they were just so badass! I felt myself loving the werewolves more than the vampires (which SO did not happen when I read the book). Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t like the cast of werewolves when they are human (with the exception of Jacob) better than the vamps, but as werewolves, they are incredible. I want one!!
5. Le Book – New Moon, like Twilight, stayed true to the book which is exactly what Twilight fans want.
6. Music – Wowza, this soundtrack is incredible. Death Cab, Thom Yorke, Anya Marina, Bon Iver & St. Vincent, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Grizzly Bear… So. Freaking. Good. Download immediately.
1. Not-as-hot Edward – See #3 above. Also? He looks gross sans shirt.
2. The ending – The ending was meh. The ending of Twilight? Phenom. That scene in the gazebo with bazillions of twinkle lights and Iron & Wine’s Flightless Bird, American Mouth (best song EVER) playing, and Edward’s big hair, square jaw, and luscious lips?? Heavenly. This ending? Sort of lame, but I guess, to be expected.
As you can tell, I don’t have many complaints. I loved the movie. I can’t wait for Eclipse as there is more action between vampire and werewolf. Most of the complaints of New Moon that I’ve seen is that there was no chemistry between Bella and Jacob and that it was corny. First, the chemistry is completely diff. from Bella and Edward b/c that’s the way it’s supposed to be. She sees him as a friend. Their almost-kissing scenes are not supposed to be as sexually charged as those with Edward. Duh. Second, the books are corny so it naturally follows that the movies will be. Deal with it.
Aaaand… because I can’t help myself. Here’s some eye candy!
P.S. My Twilight buddy (who will remain anonymous b/c she is beyond embarassed about her obsession whereas i broadcast it to the world) and I are definitely getting together tonight to watch the original Twilight. Uh huh!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Speaking of BOOTS, did I mention that I scored my Frye Paige riding boots on ebay for $100 less than the retail price? HOLLLAAA!! I also got the chance to actually try them on at the massive Macy's in San Francisco, and oh. my. god. they. FIT! I have freakishly massive calves, to the point where my ex-boyfriend (who loved me dearly and thought i was beautiful) made the mistake of rubbing my legs and then asking, "Why do Korean girls have such MASSIVE calves?" Uh huh. No worries, we've been over for a LONG time!
Anyhoo, I've (sort of) come to peace with my calves, but nonetheless I am THRILLED that these boots fit! They are gorgeous and perfect and I will wear them forever and forever amen. (P.S. They are also a Rachel Zoe pick on Piperlime! Coincidence? I think not.)
Hmm i wonder why...
Part Deux coming soon!!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Bonjour, my darlings! I missed you dearly while I was in California, but augh, can I just say? BEST. TRIP. EVER. I am literally counting down the days until Christmas vacay when Lola and I will have an entire WEEK w/ my FAB sis and bro and little Sofie monster!! (P.S. The pic is from dinner Friday night - love the glowy/blurry-ness of it!)
My sadness over leaving Ma Soeur hit me late on Sunday. I really, really did not want to hop on a plane back to reality. I thought that once I landed, I would for sure get tres depressed and spend the evening crying on the couch (per usual). But I surprised myself. Instead of sulking, I got busy! Working, unpacking, etc. and before I knew it, I was ready for work today. As for today, well, it has been pretty crappy work-wise (lots of h8ers!), BUT somehow I've been positive polly despite that! Amazing!
Tonight = more unpacking, more working, watching The City, and eating leftover kale and white bean ragout with hot, crunchy and buttery baguette. Yay! Oh and hopefully blogging all about my trip avec beaucoup de pictures!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
I am having the BEST time in California avec Ma Soeur. From our fantastic Friday dinner & drinks (pink sequins + faux leopard galore!) to our Saturday excursion to the city (San Francisco), this weekend has been nothing short of magical. Mango mojitos, delicious scones w/ clotted cream, my FAVE cream puffs from Beard Papa's, and shopping GALORE (found BOTH my Frye Paige riding boots AND my Michael Kors watch!!!).
A highlight? Definitely visiting the Chanel store in Union Square to get more deets about my gorgeous future bag: the Chanel classic flap... (cue music)
One day, this will be mine. Saving begins... NOW!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
In my mind, I already have beaucoup de trips planned for next year. DC in January, New York in March, some international trip in between, and undoubtedly another jaunt to California. I'm not sure when it happened, but I've noticed my sense of entitlement to travel more than ever as of late. Travel used to be a luxury, a treat, and not something everyone can do at the drop of a hat. I feel as though that mentality has shifted, not only for me, but for my friends as well. What's the rush? I'm only 26 and quite well-traveled as it is. Why do I have to do everything and go everywhere NOW?
It's this sort of thinking that led me to ponder 2010 and how it will be a bit of a transition year for moi. I *think* I've decided to not do a big international trip (le sad). I say I think because I'm not sure if that's what I want to do. What I do know is that doing so will help me save thousands of dollars (that I can put towards debt and/or savings!!). It's just one year, you know? I have the rest of my life. And quite frankly, I don't "deserve" anything. I have plenty in my life as it is.
Now, I'm curious to hear what you think. Am I talking crazy? Is this a stupid idea? Or does it make sense? There will be other ways in which I will evoke the concept of frugality in my life, but this is by far the biggest. I really want to hear your thoughts on this one. I also want to know: what will your word for 2010 be? Have you started thinking about it? I urge you to do so!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
"PARISIENNE is the essence of a woman who knows how to love and how to live. At the heart of YSL’s DNA is the empowerment of women, and true to this we believe that any woman, anywhere, can adopt the values of being a PARISIENNE. To celebrate the launch of PARISIENNE, and to encourage women to find their “inner PARISIENNE”, we have created www.ExperienceParisienne.com, where the essence of a woman and her PARISIENNE experience is shared with other women.
In this spirit, YSL is sending five renowned bloggers on a journey around the country to discover and reveal their very own PARISIENNE experiences in New York City, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Yves Saint Laurent has chosen an ensemble of women with passions for beauty, art, design, music, fashion and food to create a travel diary of their trip. Stay tuned here to read articles, see photos and follow the women on their journey"
How fun is that?? The first post I stumbled across involved a delicious mini French picnic on... an airplane! That's right!! Personally, I abhor flying, especially now that I am forced to take off my shoes (even flip-flops!) at security. Ew. Also? I get uber motion sickness-y and usually have to down several dramamine which make me pass out as soon as i get on the plane (not a bad thing). Anyway, most of all, i hate the food. I hate airplane food and I have airport food (although Austin-Bergstrom has some pretty decent local options). In honor of Julia Child and PARISIENNE, perhaps I'll whip myself a delicious snack to take on the plane? PB + honey? Baguette + goat cheese? What do you eat on airplanes?
And without further adieu, here's a list of what's making moi happy today:
- FOUR DAYS until I'm in California with Ma Soeur!! Our plans include a couple of fancy schmancy dinners out, afternoon tea in San Francisco, beaucoup de shopping, some yoga and/or a long run, and lots of catching up. Woot!
- Meeting Silky Hart, the incredible woman behind Expressive Hart. You know how you just meet some people and they literally glow/sparkle/shine? That's Silky! I hope to join her on a retreat to Costa Rica next year!!
- Knowing that everything happens for a reason. If there was a theme to this past weekend (aside from all the food & burnt orange & Lola loving), then it would be that everything happens for a reason. This rings true for moi EVERY. DAY., and it's just sort of an incredible concept, n'est ce pas?
And not to trample on the spirit of Happy Monday's, but you know what's not making me too happy? The fact that Tay Tay has left Rachel Zoe, Inc. ??? How will RZP ever be the same sans her? This is BANANAS indeed... Guess these fun moments are long gone. Le sad.