Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Bad Run

Tonight I had one of those runs.  You know, the kind where after you've barely finished, you're asking yourself how the HELL you're going to run 13.1 miles when you can barely run 3.5?  Yeah.  I don't know what was going on, but my body was not having it.  My chest felt like it was going to explode, I got a sharp pain under my bust (on the right side, bien sur), and my legs felt like lead.  I had to stop multiple times to "drink water" and every minute felt like an hour.  Miserable.  I know this happens, I know that every run can't be a good run, but what the heck??  How can I run 5 miles no problem on Sunday (with HILLS no less) and barely squeak out 3.5 tonight?  Depressing.

1 comment:

MPP said...

Aww the reason I love your blog so much is you make me feel NORMAL! I felt that thousands of times last autumn when I was training for my half marathon. In fact, I thought the other night when I couldn't finish a pathetic ONE mile without stopping to walk! Keep up with it and I promise you'll eventually find yourself running 10 miles on a weekend and thinking back to those hard early runs. Good luck!!