Thursday, April 12, 2007

Liquid Mind

Another Hump Day survived... Today was a good one, i think. Walked to school this morning, attended all of my classes (including ADR which is quite the feat), did a little browsing/shopping at Target, did one load of laundry, went for a great run outside, went to an awesome candlelit flow yoga class, ate yummy sushi, and updated my ipod for tomorrow's walk to/from school. Productive? Yes. Studious? No... but there is always tomorrow. Oh wait - i did study for like 1 hour. Yay me.

Oooh one exciting item that i purchased today is a new journal. I've tried journals many times - some more successful than others. I journaled over the summer fairly successfully, but then when i went back to regularly blogging, i found that i was repeating myself, and it was exhausting. So i quit the journal and have since kept up the blog. It wasn't until today that i realized (thanks to THC, of course) how to use journaling for an entirely separate purpose. Everything that i cannot write, and i mean reallllly cannot write, on this blog will go into my journal. It won't recap my daily adventures, as it has in the past, it will simply be there for whenever i need to vent, cry, explain, indulge, confess... Of course i fear that writing such thoughts normally reserved for my brain alone is a bit dangerous, but i hope very sincerely, that no friend of mine would ever invade my privacy in that way. (HINT HINT)

Oh and the best part about it? The quote on the cover:

"If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them
to the trees." ~Kahlil Gibran

I used to trust everyone with all my secrets, and all it did was come back and bite me in the ass, in a very painful and public way. I have since learned to be a bit more selective when it comes to confiding in close "friends." I still totally suck... i mean, if you try hard enough, you can usually get me to spill my guts on my latest love or life crisis, but at least i'm improving. Anyway, the point is, this quote speaks volumes to me. It's perfect. For me. And my journal.

No comments: