Sunday, December 2, 2007

So this is Christmas...

Can you believe it's December?? I, for one, cannot nor can i believe how quickly this incredible adventure abroad has passed. Although i am terribly homesick for my mother's (free!) cooking, Target, and Central Market, i can't believe i only have a few weeks left as a Londoner. That being said, I am still in Paris and don't want to leave it either. After all, our love has only grown deeper on this visit, and i am reluctant to say goodbye for who knows how long... I haven't even left the house today except in an effort to find food (annoying part of being a visitor and it being Sunday, therefore everything in Paris shuts down). I've been inside attempting, rather unsuccessfully i might add, to work on yet another paper. It's a bit difficult to "work" when there is no proper desk, dim lighting, and the fact that i'm constantly terrified of ruining the furniture. Below is a picture of my set-up... see my pink kitty hot water bottle?! Mmm love it. It keeps me company 24/7 here.

Anyway, i don't leave until tomorrow evening, but seeing as i have to "check out" of the apartment by noon, and i have sooo much more work to do, i might just be camping out somewhere avec luggage and laptop and being "productive." Then again, a quick visit to the Musee d'Orsay sounds immensely appealing too...

Forgive my future lack of blogging, but these next 10 days are going to be intense and unpleasant to say the least, as i have 4 papers (each one being 3000-4000 worse) to write. Then again, you may also want to forgive excessive blogging and rambling and incomprehension as i tend to turn to writing things other than school papers when i am bored, stressed, procrastinating, all of the above. Wish me luck, my darlings!

P.S. I can't stop watching every movie and youtube clip of Monsieur McAvoy that i can get my hands on... i am obsessed to a very dangerous degree. I don't think i've been like this since the days of Carolyn DiCaprio (yes, that's right). I'm determined to find myself a dark hair, blue-eyed, Scottish James McAvoy clone as soon as possible.

P.P.S. Yes i realize that he's not the hottest guy alive, and that he's about 5 feet tall, but honestly he's charming and adorable and incredibly sexy in both Becoming Jane and Atonement, and hey, maybe i'm not all that shallow OK?? And love is blind.

P.P.P.S. And yes, i also realize that he's married, and that according to S, aka cupid reincarnated, i am going to have very bad love karma if i keep falling for married, gay, famous, and otherwise unavailable men...

No comments: