Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Things I'm Loving: Office Supplies

The New Year often brings about resolutions of being more organized, and so I thought it appropo to select "office supplies" as the next installment in my "Things I Love" series. Enjoy!

1. PaPaYa Legal Pad



Seeing as I am a lawyer, it's only appropriate that I have a cute legal pad at my disposal, n'est-ce pas? When I stumbled across these gorgeous legal pads from PaPaYa, I died (RZ - style). Far too beautiful for any actual legal work, I keep them on my desktop at home to jot to do's, grocery lists, packing lists, etc. I have one in Simple PK and Lotus Yellow and can't wait to get my hands on more!

PaPaYa legal pad - $4

2. Pink Hanging File Folders
I admit that my record-keeping is far from perfect (I have a stack of papers marked "to be filed"), but I do have some sort of system in place at home to ensure that I don't lose really important stuff. Seeing as your typical file folder is a hideous shade of beigey yellow grossness, I highly suggest the lovely PINK alternative found at The Container Store (and if you're not a pink person, they have other fab colors & patterns as well!). Yay pink!!!


Pink Hanging File Folders - $6.99 for package of six

3. Gelly Roll Pens

One thing I love about my firm is that we don't just have black and blue ink pens (per your typical stuffy, boring law firm), we have fun colors like bright green and purple. You will rarely, if ever, find me writing in a black pen (unless it's a fun calligraphy pen or Sharpie) because... well... it's boring! And thanks to the Japanese, there are TONS of fabulous colored pens at our disposal. I love the Gelly Roll pens by Sakura. They come in a multitude of colors and types, and you can get them pretty much anywhere. My recommendation, however, is to find an art supply store. They have the best selection, you can test them out, AND you can buy them individually. (In other words, you can buy all the different varieties of pink and ignore the rest!)


4. Cavallini & Co Sticky Notes




If you're a fan of Papersource and other fab paper shops, then I'm sure you've seen all the gorgeous products made by Cavallini & Co. One of my fave products of theirs are the Sticky Notes. They are freaking adorable and come in several variations (including a fun baking one that I MUST find!). I have the Paris set (le duh!) and love it. It's perfect for adding petit reminders on my Planner Pad. I think they retail for about $15, but don't quote me! You can also buy all 4 sets from amazon for $49.99... tempting.


5. Stockholm Office Storage Boxes


When I get around to doing my apartment tour vlog (which I WILL do, I promise!), you will see that nestled in my pink bookshelves in the living room, I have loads of white boxes with cute pink labels. Most of them are the Stockholm boxes from The Container Store - fantastic for storing papers, labels, magazine clippings, letters, journals, stickers, etc. I love these boxes (esp. the white and orange) because they keep all the clutter at bay, and you can label them for quick finding. Now, they are a bit on the expensive side, and I'm going to let you in on a little secret - I've found an alternative! They are photo storage boxes!! I get them in white (as I do the Container Store ones), and I get them for 50% off at Hobby Lobby (Hobby Lobby always has a sale). You can find them there or at places like Tarjay and Michael's. They are SO much cheaper and blend right in. The only downside, of course, is that they only come in one size. Still, they are the perfect size for storing rubber stamps & stamp pads, glitter glue, stationary, small electronic gadgets and chargers, etc. The possibilities are endless... :)


Hope you enjoyed! Happy organizing!!!


16 comments:

Analiese said...

Oh yay, I was actually planning to stock up on office supplies this weekend. This gives me some great inspiration! Thanks!

Sarah said...

Great supplies! I will have to keep these in mind, when my home office get revamped in late Spring/Summer.

Silky Hart said...

Thanks for the great suggestions. I love making organizing pretty and fun.

Lavanya said...

ooh- I love talk about stationery and office supplies. thak you for your list!!.. I bought these cute icecream stripes paper folders on sale at papersource..Cute office supplies make organizing so much fun, don't they? I will check out the storage boxes- I never know how to properly organize all my paper and journals etc- I right now have a lot of my journals and supplies in a cane basket, which is cute but not very practical in terms of clutter control..:)

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I want those sticky notes!!!

thegirlhassparke said...

Love the legal pad, maybe I will get one for when I finally graduate.
Isnt Cavallini & Co fabulous, I love all there stuff.

Lexington said...

I love your taste in organization supplies. I am so going to check out these pink file folders next time I am at the Container Store.

Nina (Femme Rationale) said...

i'm a fan of legal pads and the papaya ones are SO ADORABLE! must get some for myself now!

Globetrotting Cacti said...

Love the office supplies. I LOVE stationary....!

I also use labelled boxes to store all sorts. Looks so much neater in my office.

Anonymous said...

carolyn! this is fantastic!!!! thank you for all the wonderful ideas. i have the gelly roll pens...they are simply a must (like lip gloss) can't leave home without them. i will be taking a trip to papersource for the sticky notes...they are beautiful. and the office storage boxes are a brilliant idea. thank you for the inspiration!

kate

Melita said...

LOVE me some office supplies and all of these are must haves! hugs!!

kylie said...

oh girl, don't even play, i love me some office supplies like whoa. why do i have such issues finding those gelly roll pens? all the "cool kids" had them in middle school and i had some knock off gel pens.

haha..whoa. who carries around stuff like that and shares it in a comment on a blog nonetheless? anyway, i need to order tons of them so i can get over my whole not having them in the past issue and be happy. love all of your other goodies also!!! you have the best taste, plain and simple.

stephanie alaine said...

its sick how much i like pens, and of course you're so sassy that you chose my FAVORITE kind! i love it. great minds think alike! i think a little office supplies inspiration is needed, esp at the start of another workyear!

Jeannie said...

I am so happy to see others are just as in love with cute office supplies as I am!

One great store I found is www.sortingwithstyle.com! They have tons of cute items like animal print legal pads and file folders!

Thanks for sharing!

Jeannie

shredding San Antonio said...

To become more organized in our workplace, we need to be able to maximize the use of our paper products and be practical. Tons of paperwork are accumulated everyday and more and more offices find it hard to organize their files because of this - hence the idea of a paperless office was born. But it would be very hard to avoid using paper especially if your are working in an administrative office. The important thing is being practical.

shredding Dallas said...

What a great way to get organized! Not only are they attractive-looking, but they actually serve a purpose especially when working in an office where you constantly need to keep things organized. Paper is a common item that is usually taken for granted in an office, which should not be since we cannot live without it. Computers and other organizing software may store files that we need for reproduction but there are those who still prefer to have their hard copies printed on paper.