Sunday, June 3, 2007

Happy Birthday, Sista!!

Ok so it's not really her birthday yet, but definitely close enough! And since blogging at work is probably a bad idea, i thought i'd give my beautiful J.Y. a pre-birthday shoutout right here. J.Y. and i will be celebrating her big day with her annual birthday dinner @ Ruth's Chris, and then perhaps a viewing of Pan's Labyrinth. And dessert - of course! It wouldn't be a "Sista" date without something sweet. :-)

Today's been wonderful, as has the rest of this weekend. Attended the 10:45 a.m. service @ the Stone this morning, and WOW. Worship and Matt's message were both so powerful and uplifting and emotional that it caught me by surprise. I relished every moment of it. Afterwards i attended the church's Discovery Lunch where i met some of the elders/pastors and learned more about the church's vision. Somehow i ended up at a table FULL of former Aggies!! They were pretty nice though, mostly cause they were on my turf. Austin? HOLLA! I was able to make it 4:30 vinyasa although i really must remember not to eat at least 2.5 hours in advance of doing yoga. It makes for a very unpleasant experience. There's a new yoga studio downtown on seventh street that i think i'm going to try out this week. As much as i'm not minding my job, i can't wait until it's over so that i have more time and flexibility to go to yoga more than 2x a week. With how much i'm paying, i should be going 2x a day...




I really really REALLY want a bike, and i found this amazing site full of fun, colorful beach cruisers. This one's my top pick. Isn't it purty? I totally dig.

Ok... lids are getting heavy. Goodnight, my darlings. I hope you have a wonderful week.

No comments: