Sunday, September 9, 2007

Back But Not For Long!

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! I would like to say that i'm happy to be back, but i'm not. OK, i'm happy to be back in the States where i can put toiletpaper in the toilet (Pura Vida has a "very delicate septic system"), and where i have easy access to the internet. But that being said, i'm not glad to be back in my parents' house. The freedom i had at Pura Vida cannot be matched. From the moment I woke up in the morning (at like 5:30 or 6 a.m.!!) to the moment i crawled into bed at night (latest 10 p.m... i know right) i was free to do whatever my heart desired. Sure we had schedules and meal times and all that, but nothing was mandatory. And i was more than happy to attend sessions of yoga and creativity with Kimberly and my fellow retreaters. And believe me, i was beyond thrilled to make it to my coffee exfoliation treatment, massage, facial, etc. It's hard to adjust to the regular bustle and flow of life back in the States after being in such serenity. And it's hard to deal with my parents who, despite being loving and supportive, can also be highly critical and judgmental of my life decisions. The one thing i took away from this past week is that it's completely and totally okay to be ME. And that being me may not please my parents in every aspect, and that's perfectly acceptable. I'm so tired of beating myself up for not being the ideal daughter, sister, law student, friend, yogi, etc. I'm elated to be who i am, bejewels and stickers and all. Anyway, i will definitely write more about my experience and beautiful Costa Rica later. Right now, i have some serious unpacking to do. ;-)

No comments: