Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bonjour!

Good morning from my tiny studio apartment in Marais! The sun hasn't even risen yet (it's only 7:19 a.m. here), but I'm definitely up and about, enjoying a hot cup of tea and making plans for the day. This wireless internet access is the BOMB btw... I fell asleep in about 2 seconds last night and slept divinely. (I think the glass of wine helped.) I am blessed to have a warm comforter so I wasn't the least bit chilly. And, of course, I brought my own pillow cases so it felt just like home. :-)

Before my meeting at the Chemin Vert metro stop at 9:30 a.m., I think I'll venture out to another cafe and enjoy a cafe au lait and pain au chocolat. I've never actually had pain au chocolate - isn't that nuts? Chocolate and bread, two of my most favorite foods ever! I'm not sure of the location of the flea market, but I really want to make it back to Marais for lunch so I can hit up the falafel stand (seriously - it's the best). As far as my own personal agenda goes, I'd like to explore St. Germain and the Bastille area by foot today. I also want to find the guy that sells pashminas in every freaking color on the left bank. Hope he's still there!

Paris women really do have that... je ne said quoi, don't they? Sure there are your frumpy and uncharacteristic ones here and there, but for the most part, young 20 and 30 somethings are hot shit around here. With minimal makeup and often unruly hair, they still radiate glamour and chicness in a way that I believe only Parisien women can. Even the young teens, in their trendy skinny pants and converse sneakers are way more fashionable than the teens in the States. They also aren't as SLUTTY either, which is a huge relief. Perhaps i'll raise my 2 daughters in Paris? I am taking fashion tips at every corner. Then again, the French aren't as adventurous as the Brits, and i can't WAIT to see what people are wearing in Londy!!

Chatted with my dear Sista last night, and she's having a wonderful time in Greece. Can't wait until we meet up in London on Monday... I can't believe this semester is finally here! It feels surreal in a way too good way.

No comments: