Saturday, September 15, 2007

Neti Who?

Bonjour, mes amies! Only 5 more days until I'm in beautiful Paris, enjoying the crisp Fall weather and not having to deal with my parents' neuroses ANY LONGER. I haven't even been home for 24 hours and already they are on my case. Correction: Already my mother is on my case. My dad, so far, has been fine. Sigh. Does this ever end? Maybe when I'm married (which honestly they can't wait for)and can prove to them that I am financially independent and not about to declare bankruptcy. Yup... that's probably when all of this will end.

On a brighter note, I picked up a neti pot while in Austin this past week, and I tried it out last night. It's amazing! It was a little difficult at first, especially considering the tip of the pot does NOT in any form or fashion fit into my tiny nostrils. It's a bit hard to adjust to breathing solely through your mouth and also not swallowing the salty water, but in the end, I'd say I pretty much mastered the darn thing. And it really cleared my sinuses! I woke up this morning without major congestion, which hasn't happened in God knows how long. Anyway, I know it's a bit weird and scary looking, but I highly recommend it. It's way better than buying bottle after bottle of that addictive Afrin, and It's pretty cheap. The only thing you have to pay for is the neti pot (mine was $19.95, but i bet you can find uglier ones for cheaper) and salt. Water is (sorta) free! Anyway, if you have a significant other, I strongly recommend that you perform your neti pot activities sans his/her presence. It's not the most attractive picture in the world, even if you're a hottie (see pic below for evidence).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have *NEVER* seen anything like this!!! Is it weird feeling?

Anonymous said...

That is gross... but I totally want to try it!

The Depressed Yogi said...

Yeah... it's not particularly pleasant, haha. And you really have to learn how to breathe through your mouth otherwise you'll end up choking on salty water!!

Miracle said...

oh my gosh! I have never even heard of such a thing.. but what a great idea!!