Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Feels Like Home to Me



Am currently sitting in Flipnotics coffee bar drinking an insanely delicious Acai Moonglow? smoothie - it's got the all-powerful acai berries, mangos, bananas, soy milk, and a bunch of other fruit that i can't remember. It's a damn good thing i like it since i just put a deposit down on an apartment here at... The Triangle! Yes that's right; i completely sold out and have agreed to live at this monstrosity at 45th/Guadalupe. In my defense, my apartment seems ideal - balcony opens to the pool, "loft" floorplan, big island in kitchen, huge walk-in closet, mere steps from the coffeeshop in which i'm currently sitting, a T-Mobile store, my bank, the cute little Italian eatery/grocery store Mandola's, and the Austin Farmer's Market comes every Wednesday night. Oh and there's also a beautiful park area as well, which would be ideal if i had a dog. (Speaking of dog, my Pony is out getting her new one as i write!!) Anyway, i couldn't see my actual apartment because it's currently occupied, BUT, i did see a model and although it is hella nice, some changes are going to have to occur...

1) It's "loft" style so it's got stained concrete floors (which i dig) and greyish walls/trim (which i definitely do not like). In other words, it's very... institutional and cold and not comme moi at all. So i've already made plans to paint the window wall of the living room PINK, yes PINK, do not try to talk me out of it.

2) Second, the window's got those horrible white plastic vertical blinds, so those are definitely coming off and new fabulous (and hopefully cheap) window treatments are going up.

3) I'll definitely need a sizable area rug for the living room, preferably a fun leopard print or something.

4) And of course, I need a new couch, chaise, and coffee table. These will all be from IKEA, of course, and i think i've already decided on the white Karlstad sofa. It's quite comfy, and i know you're thinking white, are you loco??, but it's washable (slipcover) and the latest issue of either Domino or Blueprint did WONDERFUL things with it by adding a variety of pillows and throws of various shapes, textures, and sizes.

5) Must figure out a way to incorporate and create a little office area in the living room. I've decided to really treat my bedroom as my sanctuary, meaning no TV, computers, work, etc. And now that my bathroom have tons of storage and counter space, i won't need to have a makeshift vanity in my bedroom either. Yay! I'm thinking beautiful bed, a couple of chests, small bookcase, beautiful chaise, and small yoga/meditation area.

So yeah... that's the plan as of right now. I haven't quite figured out how i'm going to be paying for all this on top of my exorbitant rent, but um... i'll worry about that later!

Ok gonna go make a petite trip to Wheatsville for some yummy essential oils. xoxo

1 comment:

julie said...

You did NOT! I fully intend on living there when I move in a few months!! Craziness. :o)