Monday, January 3, 2011

7 Miles (and Balthezar)

Yesterday I was... worthless.  New Year's Eve was a complete and total blast, and I couldn't have imagined a better way to ring in 2011!  Here's a pic of me and my roomie from the night (please ignore my frizztastic hair):


I am OBSESSED with her.  She's, like, my fave.

Today I was supposed to wake up at 8 am so I could pound out 7 miles before meeting friends for brunch at Balthezar. That didn't happen. Want to know why? This is why.  Oh well - glad I wasn't the only one!

So instead of waking up at 8, I woke up at 10:30, flipped out, and quickly got dressed and out the door.  Brunch was heavenly, full of good friends, lots of NYE gossip (we all attended the same par-tay) and LOTS of good food.  Balthezar has some of the best fries I've ever tasted, complete with mayo.  I'm not a big mayo fan, but ohmemgee that stuff is GOOD.  Afterwards I collapsed into a food coma heap onto my roomie's bed, and we watched Friends/dozed in and out of sleep (okay, maybe just me on the sleep bit) for the next couple of hours.  Finally, I pulled myself together enough to get to the gym.




I went reallllllllly slow until the last mile when I picked up the pace.  I think it really helped me get through it without wanting to die.  7 miles was surprisingly easy to do on a treadmill - I think my badass Glee mix helped.  :D  Also?  I think the calorie calc was way off, but I'd like to think I burned that many calories, especially considering what I've been eating/drinking for the last few days...


And now it's time for bed.  The Holidays are officially over, and from what I hear, January and February are the worst months to be in NYC.  Nonetheless, I am EXCITED about what 2011 has to offer and hope y'all feel the same way!  Gros bisous. 


3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm beyond impressed with your pace!

BRE said...

hi! i am offically your blog stalker...now made public. i don't even remember how i came upon your fabulousity but the more you talked about the color pink and nyc, the more i read. i heart hangontomato, anyways the purpose of my outing is i have an nyc trip this weekend and im dying to know about all the goodie hot spots to go! im done with the whole tourist sphill(?)and would love your advice and shoe recommendations for the weekend! thanks. (im not a creeper, promise)
bre

The Depressed Yogi said...

Hi Bre!! You are so sweet, and I'm so glad you enjoy the blog. :) I'd love to give you some rec's! Why don't you shoot me an email (carolyn.park@gmail.com) and let me know what kinds of things you're looking to eat/buy/do, etc.