Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Day! Oh wait... no.

Now, I realize I'm from the South and we don't know how to handle ice, let alone snow, but when the streets look like this and New York City Public Schools and Non-Emergency Government Offices are closed, I just don't think my office should be open.



I snapped these on my way home from the gym.  That's right - after an entire week of once again not working out (I may or may not have fallen asleep at 5:45 pm last night...), I woke up at 6:15 and walked to the gym in and over mounds of unshoveled snow.  5 miles done and feeling gooooood.

Maybe I'll make myself a big bowl of this:

Flax oatmeal w/ maple syrup, bananas, peanut butter, and cacao nibs (yes, I found some of those cute spoons all the healthy living bloggers use - they are condiment spoons from Crate & Barrel)

Or maybe I'll wait until I get to work and get a biscuit & gravy.  Thursday = biscuits & gravy day at our cafeteria, and lemme tell ya something, they are so worth the calories.

Gotta finish icing and sipping coffee and hop in the shower.  Running super late!!  LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a rockstar. Snow is not in my blood. We had a slight dusting in Portland and I freaked, I had to get to the airport and I white knuckled it the entire way there. There wasn't even 1/8 of an inch on the ground. I'm a weak Southern Californian.

Good for you on getting your run in!

Eunice K. said...

Way to get to the gym! It's always the snow days that i have to go workout to cover for other instructors at the gym who can't get to work to teach. And the one thing I admire are the people who make it to the gym and/or to class - they always gets brownie points in my book :) wasn't the snow crazy this past month?!

-sef