Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Angry Little Girl


Ugh. This cough is draining the life (and fight) outta me. It's been... a week now? I can't even keep track because i keep trying to convince myself that it's getting better, and then i go and do stupid things like party all night for New Year's (which btw, was TOTALLY worth it!) and then i'm back at square one, sipping yummy (read: disgusting) theraflu, chugging Nyquil, and sucking on cough drops. I feel like 2007 has been the year of sickness for moi. Honestly i feel like i've spent almost half of the year being sick, and it's sooo annoying. I used to be one of those people who "never get sick, honestly!" Truth be told, I think the big D took a huge toll on my body, and i'm still in recovery. On top of that, i've never fully regained my energy and joie de vivre from before, and i find myself easily tired and needing more sleep than i used to. I don't like this feeling at all. I used to be the type of person who couldn't sit still for more than a minute, and now i find myself wasting hours on end just... chillin. Argh! Needless to say, one of my goals for 2008 is to GET MORE ENERGY. I plan to try all the tricks in the book, from going veggie to working out regularly to cutting out caffeine, etc. None of these things sound like much fun to me, as i do adore my cafe au lait's and hearty fettucine bolognese from La Traviata, but if it promises me more energy, i'm willing to try anything.

Had a lovely girl date with my darling Laoura this afternoon/tonight. We exchanged Christmas prezzies, watched some of The Tudors (SO FREAKING HAWT), laughed at how pink my room is, discussed our respective past semesters (she's in grad school in southern Cal), hit up Chik Fil A and Starbucks, dined again for dinner, and did a little shopping. It was good times all around. :-) Stopped by CVS on my way home, loaded up on meds, and plan to spend the next 24+ hours at home resting and getting better. Mom wants to take me to the Chinese herb doctor/acupuncturist on Friday morning and i have wild plans of shopping and movie watching on Saturday so i really need to get better!

Hope you all had a fabulous time celebrating the New Year!! Can't wait to get to Austin and jump right back in the mix. Bonsoir, darlings!

No comments: