Monday, March 17, 2008

Estate Sale Extravaganza

Yesterday afternoon I paid a visit to the Murphy house to say hi to the kids and to take a walk with H. During our walk we passed by an estate sale, and being the girly shoppers that we are, had to go in. The first chair I liked was priced at over $2,000 so I pretty much knew that furniture was going to be out of the question. But digging a little deeper, I found a room full of old books and in particular, a second edition Merriam-Webster dictionary. About 8 inches thick and very, VERY heavy, and only $7.50? I HAD to have it. Also found two beautiful silver trays in the kitchen pantry for $2 and $4 and tons more old books for pennies - literally. I love love LOVE digging for treasures, and it reminded me of flea market shopping with Claudia (from The Paris Apartment) in Paris. Those were some of the best days of my entire experience abroad! I wish I could go back just for a week post-BAR to do some more flea market digging and Parisien living. I still want to venture out to Indonesia as well, but Mom is very nervous about that one. Maybe i'll do the South of France? I miss London so much, it wouldn't hurt to go back....

No comments: