Thursday, September 25, 2008

Feels Like Home

Back in Austin! Gosh I feel like a broken record these days, huh? Trip to DC was WONDERFUL, and of course, I can't wait to go back. Made a super short trip to the Big D to deliver my darling Muffin to S (her new mother... sniff) and to bring my big boy Puffin back to Chez Moi. Sigh. I swear he misses her... he was just snuggling up with me on the couch (a rarity with this one), and as he looked up into my eyes, I couldn't help but shed some tears. "I miss her too, buddy." Sigh. As much as I want to sugar coat it, the reality is that I gave up Muffin for Lola. Do I feel bad about that? Yes. But can I really give up Lola? No way! Becoming a dog owner has changed my life, so there is no regret in my decision to get her. There's also no regret in my decision to get Muffin. She tamed Puffin in a way I never could, and I feel that I gave her a great home and family for awhile. But sadly she and Lola just can't co-exist. Thank God S loves her and will love and adore her and give her all the attention she needs, and that I can no longer give.

On a brighter note, Sex and the City: The Movie has FINALLY come out on DVD, and it's on right now!! Crazy to think that I only saw it once in the theaters, but thank God movies go from the big screen to the stores in no time, huh? I anticipate beaucoup viewings in the next month. :-) Plus Carrie's new apartment design is serving as some serious inspiration for my sad little living room. The hot pink wall (aka TV wall) is just not cutting it, but I haven't found the perfect pieces for it yet. I desperately need storage but don't want a hideous, huge entertainment unit. And all the pieces I tend to like only come in dark brown, which is also not my style. I want white or metal, but those tend to be too open. Blah! It's times like these (well.. and many others) that I wish I could afford a designer to whip up a little something special to me...... Jonathan Adler? Tricia Guild? Hmm maybe I'll do a little online research. ;-) Bonsoir, mes amies!

No comments: