Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Paycheck 2 Paycheck

I've been doing some thinking (shocking, i know), and i really don't want to be one of those people who lives paycheck to paycheck. Even though i don't have a literal "paycheck" right now, getting help (read: $$$) from my parents sort of feels the same way. I know that if i ask for more, it is likely that i will get more (although VERY begrudgingly, oh and p.s. these are all "loans"), but then i know my mom will be upset with me and wonder where all this money is going. As a result, i tend to be really careful about how often i ask for "help." And so i pretty much have been living paycheck to paycheck for the past 7 years. This is not bode well for the future. I know what you're thinking. I'm going to be an attorney making a six-figure salary; how on earth could i blow through each paycheck so quickly? Believe me. I am VERY good at spending money. It's outrageous. I should enter contests.

Lola slept through the night again, which is great since i apparently turn off the 3:30 a.m. potty alarm in my sleep. Was running late for class this morning so she only went out (and by out, i mean the kitchen..sigh) once this morning before i had to re-crate her and dash to class. Really hope she doesn't potty in the crate...

I am determined to get my bike fully assembled and ready-to-ride today. Just need to find the correct size of allen wrench, pump up the tires, attach fabulous basket, and GO. Must limit my biking to the Triangle area for now until i get a helmet (yuck...). Am fairly certain that they don't make cute pink helmets big enough for my head. Did i mention that i had the largest head circumference in both middle school AND high school?? And people wonder why i have a complex...

I'm aiming for 100% class attendance today. WOO HOO!! So far so good... I'll let ya know how it goes. Have a good one, darlings!

No comments: