Monday, April 28, 2008

Le Sigh

Oi vey. What a weekend. What a Monday! And what a terrifying two weeks i've got ahead of me. It's that time of year again, my friends, FINALS time. Yes it is the last time i'll have to endure this, but let's be honest, the BAR is only going to be 20X worse. So i apologize if i can't see the silver lining quite yet.

I had a fabulous weekend - highlights included an incredible dinner at 34th Street Cafe w/ dear friends, closing down the bar at Vin Bistro, and then post-partying at the Pink palace until 3:30 a.m. Woke up to MANY empty wine bottles, but it was totally worth it. Can't wait to do it again! The rest of the weekend's a bit of a blur, to be honest. This morning was the last class day, and i graced the law school with my appearance. (Yay me!) Then i rode my Cruiser (thinking of giving it a name... more on this later) to the tennis courts and played w/ Pony. Since then i've mostly been studying, emphasis on the DYING. My body physically reacts to studying, it's awful. I get achey, nauseous, and pretty much want to crawl into bed and never come out. Ever. Luckily i broke for delicious and Gossip Girls (that show is a baaaaaaad addiction) and a couple of phone chats w/ Momma Park and Ma Soeur. Truthfully i kind of wanted to turn off all lines of communication. There's something about not wanting to talk on the phone to other law students when it's finals time. Don't take offense, kids!

My darling baby has spent most of the day sleeping. I feel really bad for her since I can't give her attention she needs/deserves these days. The kitties have been living it up in my bedroom, spending hours gazing out the window and curled up on my duvet. I really do love my little zoo. :-)

Ok before i hit the books again, does anyone know how i can get old episodes of the Oprah Show? I missed the one with Elizabeth Gilbert, and i'm DYING to see it!! Also, i found this great ritual that i'd love to start tonight (if i can remember!). Before going to bed, i'm going to write 3 things for which i'm grateful in my journal. These days i'm way too exhausted to actually spend time journaling, but there's no reason i can't spend a few minutes thinking about the good things with which i'm blessed. One thing i'm grateful for today? That i have a beautiful apartment and cuddly animals. Sure makes staying inside and studying a LOT more bearable.

No comments: