Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturdays in Bed

Mmmm today is delicious. I finally got to sleep in this morning, and it was heavenly. My body woke me up around 8:30 (my body and/or Puffin), but i refused to get up. I stayed in bed for 21/2 more hours, drifting in and out of sleep, playing with Puffin, thinking, dreaming, and reading. I've recently started a faabulous book, Come Back: A Mother and Daughter's Journey Through Hell and Back by Claire and Mia Fontaine. It's the story of a mother (Claire) and daugther (Mia) duo who have gone through... well, a lot. It's not fancy, it's brutally honest and provocative and sometimes really painful to read. I am loving it. I also started Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace...One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. I'm not having as much to leisure read as i had hoped, but once the j-o-b is over, and all i have to worry about (or not worry about, as seems to be my case) is summer school, i foresee hours and hours of endless reading.

After finally leaving the comfort of LC's bed, i donned my new yoga attire and headed to vinyasa. Ohhh how i've missed daily yoga. Just taking a couple of weeks off has really tightened me up, so i'm trying my best to carve out time in every day to practice. 90 minutes and a trip to Central Market later, i showered and crawled back into bed with my books. The afternoon has flown by; i can hardly believe it's already 4:20! I still need to move the rest of my crap from the Mansion and run a couple of errands, but the beauty of 3-day weekends is that you really can take a day off and spend Saturday in bed. Yummy.

No comments: