Sunday, June 8, 2008

Home

"Home" is one of my faaave Dixie Chicks songs. It's beautiful and truly resonates with me, as i often ponder what makes a house a true "home". And although i adore my little Pink Palace, Chez Carolyn, one of the most colorful, happiest places on earth, sometimes it doesn't really feel quite like a home. Is it the lack of other humans? (it's currently bursting at the seams with 2 kitties and 1 puppy!) Maybe... i guess i always associate a home with family. For example, i'm currently sitting at the dining table of a true HOME. Filled with gorgeous pics of adorable kids, moms, dads, cousins, grandmas... original artwork (e.g. coloring of "Red Ranger" on the wall to my right) and a little kids table full of yesterday's art projects. Does a home require kids? No not necessarily, but my idea of home has always involved cute, cuddly children (preferably 2 girls and 1 boy). I really admire the woman who runs this household. Not only is she raising 2 incredible kids, she also manages to keep her house warm and welcoming, clean but still comfortable. There's evidence of kids but it's not overrun with Barbies and toy trucks. Her kitchen is immaculate (don't know HOW she keeps those counters clear), too! The wife of a law school peer of mine, i got to know her and her kids when i was in London last semester and played babysitter abroad. LOVE the kids and LOVE her. She is also embarking on the artistic journey via Kimberly Wilson's Online Creativity Circle, and she's gonna be my study buddy. :-) Can't wait to share our insights and discoveries.

Gosh. Sitting here with my planner pad open and lists upon lists of To Do's, i realize that i could never keep my days straight sans planner. This week is particularly busy (and short) since Ma Soeur is coming Wed. night, and we are leaving for Dallas to see the 'Rents on Friday. Having a lasik consultation tomorrow (fingers crossed!!), squeezing in 2 training sessions w/ Deb before Dallas, meeting with a professor RE my research paper, AND i have my follow-up mentoring session w/ Kimberly on Wednesday!! Can't wait to hear her voice and chat about time management and how on earth she lives her crazy busy life SANS caffeine. Will post any tips!

I hope you've all had a relaxing weekend. This has been a lovely Sunday off, and though i'm tres dreading tomorrow morning, i am looking forward to my sister and her own maltipoo Sofie coming on Wed., so at least i have something to look forward to. Bon nuit, friends!

No comments: