Sunday, August 17, 2008

Spiritual Cowgirl?

Bonjour from Rowlett, TX, home to my lovely parents and currently my 2 felines, Puffin and Muffin (soon to be only 1.. sniff). My drive from Austin to Dallas was surprisingly pleasant, and i caught up with an old hs/college friend on the phone. I also listened to an HTC podcast about being a "spiritual cowgirl". It was an interview with Sera Beak about her book - The Red Book: A Deliciously Unorthodox Approach to Igniting Your Divine Spirit. It's all about deep, bare, honest self-reflection and soul-searching and sounds absolutely fabulous. Of course it's too late for me to order it from amazon for my trip, and of COURSE the local Barnes & Noble doesn't carry it. But i can't wait to order it when i get back and dig in. You know, cause j'adore self-study. ;-)

Have been having a lovely chat w/ my mom about life and Ma Soeur's life. Told her all is well with the Park Sistas, albeit all of our Park women are just a little bit crazy, haha. We just made a trip to the Super Tarjay in the 'hood and got some essentials for my trip. Also picked up some reading material - Such A Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover If Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big by Jen Lancaster. I've always wanted to read her memoir Bitter is the New Black so I'm interested to check this one out. Will report later. The truth is i might actually finish the book before i leave...

Anyway all these books and all this talk about books and self-study motivates me to pursue my writing. I've always wanted to write a book, just wasn't sure about what, but i think i'm starting to get a picture. I used to want to write chick lit, as i am an avid fan, but i'm thinking more along the nonfiction route. Sark's new book Juicy Pens Thirsty Paper is all about writing, and i'm eager to pick that one up as well. I just love love Sark! And i just love HTC podcasts and all these fabulous women out there making it happen. It's so inspiring and refreshing, and I'm feeling energized and ready to tackle my next project(s) w/ gusto! Also perhaps while laying on a beautiful beach in Cannes? Mais bien sur!

1 comment:

Pink Heels said...

And don't forget to check out her blog...http://spiritualcowgirl.com/