Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Everyone else is saying so I might as well - can you believe it's November?? WOW this year is flying by (and almost gone!). Despite the shock that it's almost 2010, I'm BEYOND ecstatic that the Holiday season is upon us! And without further ado, i'm going to check in with my October goals and announce my new November ones...
1. Stop swearing - FAIL. I find that 99.99% of my swearing happens in the car. Road rage, much?
2. Re-implement 11 p.m. lights out rule - HA! MAJOR FAIL. Although it seems daylight savings may help with this...
3. Stop mindless channel surfing - YES! I still watch a lot of (free) cable, but I stick to the shows I love, and then I usually turn it off or at least get up and be productive instead of sitting on the couch praying that my cable lasts forever...
4. Find balance - BETTER! This will take longer than a month to achieve, but I think I've a little bit closer to equilibrium that I had been. Part of it is that work is not as crazy and part of it is that I'm learning how to handle it. Also? Running 101 is definitely keeping me balanced in more ways than one!
5. Work. Out. YES! Thanks to Running 101, I am at least fitting in some good heart pumping cardio every week. :)
6. Focus on MOI - YES! I grow more obsessed with myself by the day. ;) Ha, no but seriously, this has been really good, and it has also had unintended side effects. For example, part of focusing on moi is loving me and my body right now. As I'm learning to do this, my body is actually shedding weight. Not a ton or anything, but it's just feeling lighter. Amazing!
Moving on to NOVEMBER GOALS...
1. Add 3rd run and yoga. My running coach gives us "hw" every week, which is normally in the form of a 3rd run (in addition to our Mon and Sat ones) midweek. I have yet to do this. Part of it is busy-ness and obligations. Part of it is laziness. And part of it is that I'm scared to go out running by myself. When I'm with my group, I feel like I can run forever. I push myself harder and faster and enjoy it. I fear that will all change when I run alone. As for yoga? Well my body needs it, and even if I can't make a class, I want to squeeze in some home practice. My hips are begging for it!
2. Control my temper. Confession: I have an fiery temper. It's not as bad as my mom's or ma soeur's (sorry y'all but you know it's true!), but it's pretty bad. I need to keep tabs on it because I notice it growing shorter these days.
3. Respect my parents. When I was in Dallas, I got uber defensive and pissy with my parents (at separate times) when they tried to tell me something I do is wrong. In this case, it was (i) drinking iced tea and (ii) drinking cold water. (Don't even ask...) While I STILL think my parents, ESPECIALLY MY DAD, are WRONG WRONG WRONG about their theories re: my drinking these beverages, I really need to just let it go and say, "Okay Mom" and "Okay Dad" and not get super defensive about it. Because in the end, parents will be parents, and my parents? Will always have something to say.
4. Less self-help and more FUN! Taking a cue from my darling amie Kylie, I am taking a petit break from the so-serious self-help that normally inundates my life. The truth is, I get enough of that in therapy, and I really don't want or need to spend my rare free time getting more. Not right now. Tis the season to be jolly and HAVE FUN! (Sidenote: This is kind of why I jumped off The Joy Diet train. Part of it was b/c I am not a huge fan of the book. The other part is that it felt like a burden and became stressful. Not the point.)
5. Get ready for CHRISTMAS!!! At this time last year, I was going through beaucoup de changes. I had just started my first job. I was adjusting to not being a student. I was tired! As a result, there were no holiday decorations, no holiday cupcakes, no holiday cards, etc. Another part of it was that ma soeur stayed in California with her hubby's family, and well, that kind of destroyed me. THIS YEAR, however, ma soeur and my bro AND my darling little niece Sofie (a tiny maltipoo) are coming to Texas!! So I'm more than excited for Christmas. I want to get an early start this year! I want to decorate, I want to bake, I want to make homemade Christmas cards (this might be un peu ambitious)! I want to do it all and have fun. Yay Christmas (or whatever Holiday you celebrate)!! :)
Okay, now tell me. What are your November goals? And are you SO excited it's for holiday season??