1. Tik Tok by Ke$ha - She may prance around New York Fashion Week sans pants, and you may not be the biggest fan of her glitterific makeup, but she sure knows how to deliver pop music. Upbeat and cheerful, this song is best listened to in the car, with windows down, and with your best girlfriend (or gay boyfriend) bopping along in the passenger seat.
2. The Party by St. Vincent - One of my faves by St. Vincent (aka Annie Erin Clark). Her voice is addictive AND she toured with Sufjan Stevens, which makes her extra cool.
3. Horchata by Vampire Weekend - I'm new to Vampire Weekend, but I am seriously digging them. I have fond memories of the first time I heard this song because I was in the middle of kicking my friend's ass at Scrabble during my trip to D.C.
4. These Friends of Mine by Rosie Thomas - My favorite thing about this song is how it begins.
5. Set the Fire to the Third Bar by Snow Patrol feat. Martha Wainwright - You may recognize this song from the Dear John preview, but I swear I had it before it came out! (Btw, if you're new to Snow Patrol, download "Run" ASAP.)
6. Need You Now by Lady Antebellum - The lyrics are pretty awful, but I still dig this tune and can't help but sing along. (Plus, let's be honest, we've all been there.)
7. Roslyn by Bon Iver & St. Vincent - Yes, this is from the New Moon soundtrack. Yes, it's still a really really good song despite that fact.
8. Possibility by Lykke Li - Yes, this is ALSO from the New Moon soundtrack.
9. Hallelujah (feat. Charlie Sexton) by Justin Timberlake & Matt Morrisson - Um... gorgeous/will-bring-you-to-tears/who-is-this-Matt-Morrisson-guy-cause-he's-got-an-AMAZING-voice kind of good.
10. Jackson by Hem - One of the most incredible covers I've ever heard.
11. Safe and Sound by Azure Ray - FAVORITE NEW BAND!! Can't stop listening to this album (the "Azure Ray" one). Sweet and melancholy and perfect. "Love is how it's lost not how it's found." LOVE IT.
12. Dream by Priscilla Ahn - The first time I heard this song was when I watched this video. Um... I want to be her. Just a little bit.
13. We Are the World 25 for Haiti by Artists for Haiti - Yeah yeah I know it's nothing compared to the original, and I know the rap is questionable, but I still get all warm and fuzzy when I hear it, AND it's for a good cause.