Monday, July 5, 2010

4th in the City

What began as a day where absolutely nothing went as planned (no She & Him concert @ Governor's Island b/c the line to get on the ferry was 50,000 people long, no Toy Story 3 b/c they sold out as soon as we got to the front of the line, and LOADS of walking around the city in 98-degree weather), my first 4th of July in the city ended up being one of the most fantastic days I've had since moving here. Despite all the minor mishaps, I still had a beautiful day full of...

~ quality time w/ my friend Steph, sipping frozen limoncello drinks on a shaded patio of a darling trattoria in Tribeca

~ showing some Texas pride at the Texas on Tour event at South Street Seaport

~ a fantastic (and rather romantic!) viewing of the Macy's fireworks in a dark vacant apartment w/ dear amies

~ dancing and singing to the video belowwith my boyz (it's so funny, but it's also a REALLY good and catchy remix!)



~ ending the night with a major dance party at a nearby bar to Empire State of Mind (and Party in the USA, Can't Be Tamed, Alejandro, California Gurls...)

I couldn't imagine a better way to spend and end my 4th. I hope yours was just as magical and spent with loved ones! I'm so lucky to have the friends here that I do. *mwah*

No comments: