Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Day of Mourning


I am deeply saddened by the news I learned over dinner. My cousin and i were discussing Korean mini-dramas (i.e. soap operas) and how it's been so long since i've watched one (i used to love watching them with my Mom). The only Korean actress's name i ever could remember was Choi Jin Shil. She was in the first mini-drama i ever saw, way back in the early 90's. She's beautiful (as evidenced by her picture) and considered one of Korea's best actresses. (I'd say she was Korea's Julia Roberts.) Well apparently she committed suicide in October of 2008. As if that's not bad enough, she HUNG herself!! She has 2 little kids, and her mother was the one to find her. The news was/is shocking. Suicide is always difficult to understand, but i really don't understand the hanging... it's so brutal. My prayers (and apparently the rest of South Korea's) go out to her family, especially her children.

No comments: