Sunday, January 25, 2009

Intentions



Bonjour, mes amies. I hope you all had a lovely, restful weekend. (Mine was way, WAY too short). I'm about to snuggle into bed with my precious Lola-bear, but first I wanted to share my intention for this week. I've started a new "Intention" column in my planner pad, and now that i have an awesome chalkboard door in my kitchen, i've started writing them there. Last week's was "Love your enemies" because well.. i always need to be reminded of that. I got this week's from a great daily devotional book - "Simple Abundance" by Sarah Ban Breathnach (i guarantee you'll find it at your local Half Price Books!). Her entry for January 23 is on accepting real life. Here's a snippet -

What is acceptance? Acceptance is surredering to what is: our circumstances, our feelings, our problems, our financial status, our work, our health, our relationships with other people, the delay of our dreams. Before we can change anything in our life we have to recognize that this is the way it's meant to be right now. For me, acceptance has become what I call the long sigh of the soul. It's the closed eyes in prayer, perhaps even the quiet tears. It's "all right," as in "All right, You lead, I'll follow."... Today, let go of the struggle. Allow the healing process of change to begin. You're ready to move on.

3 comments:

Naturally Jules said...

Carolyn - Love the board, it turned out wonderful!!! Love that you use it for intentions!

Lucy said...

Love the board & the "acceptance" quote. I'll have to copy that quote in my journal.

The Depressed Yogi said...

Thank you, Jules and Laura! It's so nice to be reminded of my intentions every time i open the pantry door (aka MANY times a day). I should prob. put it on my fridge too..