Friday, October 29, 2010

Working Eating Eating Working

Hi, y'all!  How's your week been?  Hard to believe it's already Friday, eh?  Work, for moi, has been going pretty well.  Slowly learning the ropes and getting to know everyone - it's fun.  :D  Nonetheless, I am EXCITED for the weekend!!  Can you believe it's already Halloween?  Nuts!  This Fall is flying by which makes me tres tres sad.

Working has definitely shaken up my eating routine.  I'm ravenous by the time I get home from work and typically end up eating the first thing I set my sights on.  I know I should have a snack in the late afternoon, but I just haven't gotten my act together yet, and I don't want to go buy something from the cafeteria.  Tonight, I had just enough time (like 15 minutes) to whip up a quick, easy meal before heading uptown for a concert w/ friends. 


Trader Joe's frozen garlic naan and veggie masala burger aka the BEST VEGGIE BURGER EVER!!!  Seriously, I thought it sounded weird when I first heard of it, but then I tried it, and OHMEMGEE - it is taaasty.  I think it's going to become my favorite go-to meal component.


I also had a bag of spinach that was about to go very, very bad.  I made one of the greenest smoothies I've ever made in my life!  It was also very simple - just spinach, almond milk, frozen banana, frozen mango, touch of raw honey, and ice.  It was surprisingly delicious sans peanut butter & flax per my usual green smoothies.  Very light and refreshing.  And GREEN!


Naturally, as soon as I got home from said concert, I was hungry again.  So I made another veggie burger and shoved it in a small whole wheat roll.  Mmmm I need to buy lots and lots of boxes of these...  Get them.  You won't regret it.

As for le weekend, I plan to do the following...

Friday: Get brows waxed at the Boom Boom Brow Bar, go for a run, catch up on my DVR, hopefully finish my book club book
Saturday: Brunch w/ old friend, shop w/ NYC friend, gym, then OUT for HALLOWEEN!
Sunday: FINALLY getting my hair did (it's been 6 mo since haircut... appalling), church, run, 
get ready for week :D  

What're you up to this weekend?





3 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I can't wait to move there and have a Trader Joes. Even better would be if I would just learn how to make them.

Anonymous said...

I am always RAVENOUS when I get home. I've been trying to pack more filling lunches....but sometimes my appetite simply astounds me.

Garlic naan is the best thing ever! And that masala patti looks nommmmmmm.

Lavanya said...

I love Trader Joe's Veggie Masala Burger tooo!!