Tuesday, September 15, 2009

5 Days

Ok, Canada part deux is going to have to wait 5 days, at least. Because for the next five days, I will be doing this, except (1) not on a beach, (2) not in that bikini body and (3) not smiling. Although if #1 and #2 were present, perhaps I wouldn't be so grumpy?



In all seriousness, I have a Monday deadline that I thought would be doable and is proving to be... not. Like... something around 60 hours of work to do before then? Oui. Oh and that's on top of the projects I already have going on at work. Needless to say, I have canceled LIFE and all the obligations that come with it for the next 5 days (which, sadly, included a lot of fun stuff) in order to fully devote myself to making this deadline AND getting sleep (tres important for moi).


Luckily, I can do the work from the comfort of my home, which is the beauty of the internet. Now that i have free (yes FREE) cable (are u sick of me talking about it yet??), I envision a weekend of moi on the couch in my PJ's, avec laptop, Lola, coffee (homemade b/c i can't spend any money this week... yeah more on that later), and in front of the telly.


5 days and counting...



P.S. I am actually tres grateful for this work, as you know I've been terribly slow this summer, and although un peu life-disrupting, it's SO nice to be busy!

P.P.S. OBVI i will still be all over Twitter. In fact, I'll prob be overly tweetastic in an effort to distract myself. Apologies in advance!

11 comments:

kaileenelise said...

good luck girl... i know it's weird, but i sometimes get excited about working on a tough deadline. there is an energy i find when something has. to. get. done. you know?

Melita said...

good luck with your project :)

City Girl said...

free cable? that's awesome.

good luck with your project.

Caitlin said...

Good luck! I'll miss your blogging prowess, but will see you on twitter!

C said...

Wow!! oodles going on!! Good luck with the project!! See you in Twitterland.. Hugs!!

Rachel said...

Good luck with all that work lady! :)

Naturally Jules said...

Good luck! Will see you in twitterville!

The Everyday Minimalist said...

That actually sounds heavenly.

Globetrotting Cacti said...

Having a deadline to work to is some-times fun. Make sure that you have a fun reward when work is submitted.

Elise said...

Genius post, absolutely brilliant ! Loving your whole blog. Thank you & best wishes...

Vienna said...

Good luck with your work! Your post was really really funny. You should write comedy, honestly. I mean professionally!
Now that I'm starting feeling again like a normal human being, I hope I can keep up with your posts as I used to do!
Lots of love,
V.