Wednesday, July 25, 2007

23 Going on...30?

Just spent the last 3 hours with 2 very amazing women i'm lucky to know. I've spoken of them before, the lovely Gina and Tina, both of whom i met individually, fell in love with, and then realized that they were already close friends! After weeks of trying to plan a dessert date (very difficult to do with 2 busy women who have hubbies, babies, and careers) and settled on picking up desserts from Whole Foods and meeting at Tina's. (btw the chocolate parfait from Whole Foods is to die....) What is my fascination with women in their 30's who just seem to have their lives together in such an enviable way? Seriously i just want to follow them around and talk to them. Is that weird? How can i feel so young at times (you know, the times when i'm painting my nails black, dying my hair pink, and putting hello kitty stickers on my planner) and yet crave the company of mature women who seem have it all (hubbies, babies, careers, and killer wardrobes)? I'm not scared of getting older, like most of my girlfriends. I invite fat baby bellies, early evenings, the disappearance of flings and bars, and conversations about neighborhoods, school districts, and furniture. But i also want to wear scandalous clothing, travel the world, have zero responsibilities, and stay up all night writing and creating and doing whatever else i damn well please. I want comfort and stability AND freedom and spontaneity. I want it all...

No comments: