Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Macbook Musings



I am absolutely GIDDY as i have just bought myself a brand spankin' new macbook in all its beautiful pearly white glory. Who knew i'd ever become a mac user? Turns out it's not as hard as i thought it would be, and i'm already feeling pretty comfy with it. I'm still unsure as to what the best method of transferring all my files from my Dell to my new baby is... I get the feeling that i'll probably just be burning a LOT of CD's. If anyone has any suggestions, please hook a sister up...

Okay how do i do italics on this darn thing?? My beloved ctrl+i is not working. Help!

Calm i am remaining calm.

So this is my last week of work at the firm (tres sad), and i'm really going to miss the people. I will not, however, miss working everyday all day. Then again, these next few weeks are going to be far worse. No paycheck, lots of class and catching up to do, stuDYING (ugh - the worst), and taking tests. Ick!

Finished "Love is a Mix Tape" by Rob Sheffield this weekend, and i HIGHLY recommend it. Also started "Not On Our Watch" (see book list to the right) and am so far digging it, though i realize it'll be a difficult and emotional read.

Barack is rockin' the vote, man. I haven't decided who i'm rooting for but i am so down with a President who is not white male. Rock on, minorities!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your Dell has a DVD burner (or you have an external one), burning DVD's would be more efficient since they hold ~6 times more than a CD.

Otherwise, I'd suggest a flash drive (USB 2.0). That would be way faster than burning discs. Hopefully all your files are readable on the Mac.

I think on Macs, use the command button (the one that looks like a square with circles on the four corners). Takes some getting used to.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Do you have wireless internet in your house?

If so - you can set up a network between your new and old laptop. You can just go on and pull files from the old laptop using the network (it'll let you use your new laptop to "see" the files on your old one and you can switch them). You can also use a thumb drive - way easier.

Italics = Apple Key + i
Basically use the Apple Key for anything you would use ctrl for on a PC.

Welcome to the Mac World!