Saturday, July 28, 2007

Dirty Dallas



Phew what a weekend it's been! Spent yesterday running beaucoup errands and spending some divine time at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. Seriously, they shouldn't let me in those stores! Was inspired to make Mom something, as i'm certain she will be terribly lonely when i'm in London, and so got some goodies and spent 4.5 hours (nonstop!) creating. I'm thrilled with my masterpiece, complete with baby pics of me, ribbons, stickers, beautiful quotes, and tons more. It was great. Then I worked on some other "projects" until 3 a.m.! Passed out with my two babies in bed and woke up at a fairly decent hour this morning to journal, sip tea, clean the apartment, and pack for my quickie visit to Dallas. Had brunch @ Taverna with Sista & Co. (sooo yummy! i built my own omelette - spinach, fontina cheese, mushroom) and was on the road by 4:30 p.m.. Had dinner with the 'rents, "surprised" Mom with Muffin (um... not quite the joyous reaction i was hoping for but i'm pretty certain she's already falling in love with her; Dad is another story...), and am now sipping more tea and attempting to "beautify" my bedroom in an effort to avoid reading for Con Law II.

Plans for tomorrow include going to church with Mom, studying, and then going to the grand opening of the new Super Target in Rowlett!! WOO HOO!! Sounds tres hick, i know, that we are just getting a Super Target, but i am beyond thrilled. It's the little things...

Just gotta hold on for 2 more weeks (in which i turn 24 - *gasp!!*), and then i can get busy preparing for Costa Rica (!!!!!!!!!) and Paris-London-EUROPE!!! I can't believe how fabulous the rest of 2007 is going to be. I am one lucky girl...

No comments: