Monday, July 23, 2007

Ready for Love


I know i know... i'd be groaning too if i saw the title of this post and then the accompanying picture. Don't worry, it's not that sappy or depressing, it's just a little something. D'accord?

Thing is... i just got thinking about love today. Love and the life of singletons, comme moi, and how i'm only one month shy of 24 years, and wow gosh this is definitely the longest i've gone without a significant beau since high school. And it's fine, really, i'm actually very much enjoying single life... being able to spend my time however i please, not having to call or check in with anyone, not having to worry about flirting with the cute barista or eating too much chocolate because let's be honest, there's no one to impress. And so yes, all that is good and lovely, and i totally get the whole time-to-be-free-finding-yourself-learning-to-love-yourself-before-you-can-love-another thing, i really do. That being said, i couldn't help but get a little teary-eyed while sitting in Starbucks earlier this morning (i know, Starbucks ugh but forgive me), staring out the window and wondering if i'll ever be kissed again. (I know, i'm so melodramatic.) Honestly though i can't even remember the last time i smooched a boy when SOBER, gawd how pathetic is that?? I mean i just want a nice cute unmarried straight man to kiss me a little and maybe take me out to dinner and snuggle up on the couch with me and let me play with his earlobe and rub my shoulders and all those delicious little things that only boyfriends have to do. Sigh ok this is depressing, moving on...

I'm totally going to fail my Corporations final this Thursday. But it's okay. Because i'm in no rush whatsoever to finish law school, and i've decided to move to California, rent a room in my sister and brother-in-law's new home, and work at some fun low-paying creative/wear-whatever-i-want job that has absolutely nothing to do with the law. GOOD PLAN.

No comments: