Monday, July 30, 2007

Think Pink, Aging, Breakfast Tacos


I now have little bits of pink in my hair. That's right - PINK. And not any of that lame pastel pink that Rachel McAdams did, but some serious HOT pink, aka "Atomic Pink" by SpecialFX. And i absolutely love it. It's subtle. It's fun. It's temporary. And it's sooo me! Was terrified to go home with pink in my hair, but my Mom actually kind of liked it! When I asked her if she really wasn't mad, she replied, "No! It's fun... I'm a COOL Mom, remember? I'm cool." God i love that woman. The funniest part of the weekend, however, was when I met my Mom at church on Sunday morning, and the pastor's wife approached me, smiled and said, "Wow! Your hair is so SPECIAL!" My mom was mortified, and i almost died laughing.

Moving on from pink, if you haven't read Nora Ephron's "I Feel Bad About My Neck," and if you're a woman, i highly recommend that you drop what you're doing right now and go out and get it. Or, better yet, buy the book on CD (OR, if you're a friend of mine, i might lend it to you...). It's narrated by the author and a RIOT. Seriously i've never laughed out loud so much. It provided some much needed entertainment on the drive back to Austin last night. I think Muffin enjoyed it as well.

What is it about this city and breakfast tacos? Seriously it's an obsession. Not that i'm complaining, of course. I love ordering the breakfast "special" at Lava Java - 2 breakfast tacos and a coffee or tea for only $3.25! I get spinach/egg/cheese on whole wheat and get coffee or tea depending on my mood. My only complaint is that they can be a bit stingy on the salsa, but if you're nice, they will gladly give you more on request.

On another note, i just booked a flight to San Antonio (for $5!) for August 24-26. It's going to be a fantastic weekend with my beloved Sista in her hometown. I am beyond excited. (Especially since i won't have to make that horrific drive.)

1 comment:

julie said...

Ok, seriously... I've recently noticed the lack of breakfast tacos in Dallas and it makes me want to get to ATX even sooner. Seriously.