Sunday, July 22, 2007

Ribbons, Stickers, & Glitter Glue!!


I've rediscovered my love for crafts!! I've never been an artistic person per se (did i spell that correctly? i don't think i've ever written that phrase..), but as a child and young girl, i've always adored "crafting." I love taking ordinary things and making them more.. me! Having been inspired by the Tranquil Space studio and TranquiliT Boutique, i've spent the last week crafting away. Ribbons, stickers, transfers, scrapbook papers, and even glitter glue. Gosh i haven't used glitter glue since who KNOWS when. My skills are a little rusty, but hey, at least i tried. I must remind myself not to go overboard (yeah right) because while a sheet of stickers and a spool of ribbon may only be a couple of bucks here and there, it adds up my friends. I had to literally drive in the opposite direction of Hobby Lobby while running my errands this afternoon because i could seriously lose hours (and lots of $$) in that creative paradise.

Anyway, i've just spent the last 45 minutes making good use of my new pink lapdesk (that's right! LAPDESKS R KEWL!!) dressing up a boring yellow folder into a fabulous and fun PURA VIDA (Costa Rica retreat) masterpiece. Can't wait to show KW in September!!!

No comments: