Monday, July 30, 2007

The Nature of Me

I think i'm falling out of love... it's the worst feeling. It's uncertainty mixed with sadness splashed with the tiniest bit of anger and then of course, panic. Where will i go? What will i do? I mean, thank goodness i'll be abroad in the Fall so i don't really have to worry until i return in January, but still. Just the idea of being out there again, looking, trying on for size, checking for chemistry, it's all so exhausting.

I'm talking about my YOGA STUDIO, people. I don't know what happened, but somehow in the past few weeks, i've... well i've just gotten over it. And it's SO like me to do that. I'm notorious for my roller coaster of emotions. I love something (or someone), can't do without it, go to the extreme, pledge my allegiance and swear til death do us part, and then, just like that, i'm over it and moving on to the next best thing. (I really hate this about myself btw.) I don't know what it is, but the once sacred B&B has just lost me. Maybe it's that it's more crowded, maybe it's because i don't really feel like i fit in, maybe i'm a little annoyed that it sometimes feels more like an aerobics class than a yoga class. I want sweat and tears as much as the rest of 'em, but i also want tranquility, spirituality, and being. And i want teachers who are approachable and open to conversation, and it's lacking. I mean, i don't think this is all too much to ask when i'm shelling out over $100 a month for this habit, sheesh. Anyway, i think i'm going to check out Seventh Street Yoga (faaabulous space) when i return.

Currently playing the new Interpol CD, and it is totally rocking my world. I highly recommend it.

Spent a sizable sum of money @ Central Market tonight in an effort to eat better foods. My body is punishing me for treating it like crap for the past couple of weeks and has decided to be tired, weak, bloated, fat, and pimply. Seriously i've never had issues with acne before in my life and suddenly it looks like i'm going through puberty again. I had buy Proactive for crying out loud. Soooo i filled my cart with fresh kale, organic spinach, fuji apples, corn on the cob, blueberries, 9 grain bread, natural peanut butter, tamari roasted almonds, and millet. Can't wait to try out the millet and kale as they are supposed to do wonders for your insides.

Received my housing offer letter from UCL today, and i got the place i wanted - YAY!! It's all really happening, and i still can't believe it. Also got Lynne Franks "The SEED Handbook: The Feminine Way to Create Business" in the mail today. Can't wait to tackle that one. Still can't seem to find my copy of "The Artist's Way," and it's driving me nuts. I think i might have to turn Lindsay's apartment upside down before i admit defeat. Sigh. Okay my darlings, bonsoir...

No comments: