Sunday, November 25, 2007

Jivamukti



What a fantastic day! I attended the 2-hour Jivamukti Workshop with David Life and Sharon Gannon and honestly didn't know what to expect. I'd heard great things about Jivamukti from Kimberly Wilson and other yogis, and i knew they had a strong following in NYC (including Mr. Russell Simmons), but that was about it. It was one of the best practices i've had! Included chanting, sun salutations, backbends, all kinds of twisty turny poses, and a shoulder-stand that i swear we held for like...15 minutes. Also were able to get a glimpse into David and Sharon's yoga philosophy and lifestyle. The best part was at the end when Sharon had us repeat after her... "I...will...be...vegan...for the peace of the world." Giggles went around the room once we heard the "vegan" part, but for me it really struck a chord. I've been listening to the Vegetarian Food for Thought podcast on iTunes, and vegetarianism is something i've been toying with for quite some time. It wasn't long ago that i said i could NEVER be a vegetarian b/c that would mean i was not a true foodie. But really.. what does that mean?? Well there's much more to say, and i've got to hit the hay (long day of babysitting ahead!), but more to come later.

xoxo, darlings

1 comment:

julie said...

Yay for the VFFT podcast! It's great, isn't it?

Honestly, going veggie isn't all that difficult at all. I haven't had meat since April - and yes, I even survived Thanksgiving quite easily. As for your thoughts on being a foodie sans meat, it's actually really fun - going veg has made me branch out and try new things. I'm really glad I did it! :o)