Friday, November 23, 2007

The Yoga Show: Day 1


Bonjour from a very enlightened moi. Ok, not really, but i did attend the first day of The Yoga Show today and indulged in quite a bit of yogic retail therapy. The pic above shows off my goodies, which include 2 books (Meditation Bliss and 1001 Pearls of Buddhist Wisdom), 2 CDs (Yoga Rhythms and Mantra Girl), awesome mala beads, 2 yoga headbands, a yoga top, a neti pot (left mine in Dallas), and a beautiful pashmina made by those in Tamil Nadu, South India. Now, i know what you're thinking, way to go to a yoga show and shop... isn't that very anti-yoga? Well, believe me, i wasn't the only one shopping up a storm. With hundreds and hundreds of booths, it's hard not to walk away with a bag in hand. BUT, i did partake in a little free activity as well. I made it to a short class by Claire Missingham, a UK-based yoga teacher who specializes in Vinyasa Flow. She is an adorable little thing, and i really enjoyed her class, as short as it was. It gave me a little taste of something i've been missing for a REALLY long time - some serious yoga, man. I've tried practicing in the Institution, but my arms hit furniture or the walls (our rooms are quite narrow), and the idea of getting that close to this disgusting carpet... well, it's just not very zen. Tomorrow I plan on attending a workshop on Dru Yoga and on Sunday, i have a 2-hour workshop with David Life and Shannon Gannon from Jivamukti. I can't WAIT!!

No comments: