Monday, November 5, 2007

Wicked


God i LOVE the theatre. This morning J, L, and i went down to Victoria to get student discounts to Wicked and managed to score 3 badass seats. And yes, it really IS that good! I was skeptical, at first, and I must admit that most of of the First Act was, like, OK, but by the end of the First Act, i was hooked. And then the show just got better and better.. I even teared up at the end! And the two witches certainly deserved that standing ovation b/c they were FANTASTIC! Comedy's tough to do in musical theatre, but they nailed it. I can't wait for more.

On another note entirely, i've been feeling a bit down lately as my sister brought me some not-so-great news regarding my mother's health. My parents are both really healthy, and besides my dad's gout, they've never had any major health problems. But it seems that not all is right with my mom's heart, and she's been seeing a doctor and cardiologist to pin down the problem. It seems to be best case scenario, meaning she'll only need a minimally invasive outpatient surgery, but surgery is surgery, and anything to do with the heart terrifies me. (Blame it on Grey's Anatomy.) Anyway, that's definitely been weighing heavily on my mind, and the fact that i'm not there to see how bad it really is.. well, that's been really hard on me. Sigh. I know she'll be ok. She'll be ok.. right? Yes, she'll be okay. My mom's in great health. And if this is what's going to force her into early retirement, then it's kind of a blessing in disguise. But i am undeniably 100% totally and completely freaked out. I haven't been able to sleep lately. And life in London is good, reallly good, and i had an incredible time with my sister, but... man this really sucks.

No comments: