Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Honest Scrap


The fabulous Suz of 30 Before 30 (great idea! I'm making my own list, too and will share soon.) gave me the Honest Scrap Award! The rules for this award are as follows:

• List ten honest things about yourself that your blogging friends do not know about you.
• Give the award away to seven (or 10?) bloggers.
• Let the seven (or 10?) bloggers know they have received the award.
• Link back to the person who awarded you.

This is SUPER hard for moi for several reasons. First, you already know a lot about moi (prob more than you want to know!). Second, the things you don't know are the things that are the hardest to share, n'est ce pas? Nonetheless I'm going to try to tell you 10 things about myself that most of you don't know. Here I go!

1. I'm an insanely jealous person, and I compare my life to just about everyone else's, always ending up with the same conclusion: My life sucks. This is one of the main reasons I started seeing Dr. G!

2. I broke both of my ex-boyfriend's hearts, and I'm terrified that bad love/relationship karma is headed my way (or already in my way?).

3. Seeing poverty kills me, and it's one of the reasons I have yet to visit countries like India, despite really wanting to go. I just don't know if I could handle it.

4. I spent most of my post-adolescent years trying to make my boobs look/become bigger, and now I just wish they were smaller.

5. I still use my student ID at movie theaters and certain restaurants. :( Bad bad I know...

6. When walking down the street or sitting in a room, I keep a mental count of how many women are thinner than me. Isn't that awful on so many levels??

7. I used to struggle with eating disorders, and I am thrilled that part of my life is over. I may be heavier, but I absolutely REFUSE to "diet" ever again.

8. I don't really like liquor. Certain cocktails are fun, but I much prefer beer & wine.

9. I miss sausage, esp. my dad's spicy sausage patties eaten with delicious grits and a fried egg. Mmmm...

10. I regret the money I spent in law school. Not on law school (although... yeah), but just living/having fun/studying abroad/etc. I wish I knew then what I know now - debt SUCKS.


Now I'm going to break one of the rules and give this award to ALL my readers who also have blogs because I want to know 10 things about ALL of you! :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for being so honest :) I think I am going to try this meme too :)

Rachel said...

3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 are all yeps for me too!

Carolyn said...

Truly honest and candid..the reason I love this blog.

Globetrotting Cacti said...

Very honest & interesting answers (some of which I can relate to).

shannon said...

wow, that is such a good list. thanks for your honesty about things that are hard to say aloud (or in writing, as the case may be).

Vienna said...

I think you are fantasticaly brave and sweet. I relate to sooooo many of the items on your list!

Laurie Tossy said...

Diets don't serve us, so I definitely agree with and commend your decision to refuse to diet!

The key to achieving our best health (and that includes our best body) is through our mind and learning to love ourselves. Not always an easy thing to do, even though it is "simple"...

I also Refuse To Diet and have lost 125lbs and am so much healthier than when I was beating myself up for every thing I ate (or didn't eat)...keep up the great work!