One of the things that *totally* made my week was receiving the One Lovely Blog Award from the completely adorable Tiffany from I Am Style-ish.
As part of the award, I need to mention six things that made me happy today. It's really early in the day here in TX (only 10 a.m.), but luckily, it's been a GREAT day so far! Here i go:
1. Getting a pretty big new project from the managing partner at my firm - not only will it give me billable hours, but also be a good addition to my resume.
2. Reading sweet and funny blog comments/emails :)
3. Knowing that i don't have to buy my lunch today b/c we have a lunch meeting, aka the firm caters - woo hoo!
4. Receiving The Woman's Retreat Book by Jennifer Louden in the mail this morning. It's exactly what i need in preparation for this weekend!
5. Losing about 3-4 pounds b/c of my bout with strep! Total loss during that week was 6 pounds, but since i've started eating again i've regained a few. Still, i'll take ANY net loss and be happy with it. I stopped by Anthropologie on my way home from work yesterday and tried on about 5 dresses. For the first time in a LONG time, every single one looked great on me, and i completely attribute that to shedding those few extra pounds. (Sadly, i could not purchase all 5 dresses...) Glad something good came out of that awful week ;)
6. Seeing UP tonight with a dear friend at Austin's incredible Alamo Drafthouse. (P.S. If you have the latest Anthro catalog, it's shot in Austin, and in one of the pics, the model is standing right in front of the Alamo downtown - exciting!)
I pass this award to:
-Yogadiva's Divine Life
-Gussying Up the Tuttle
-The Revising Life