Thursday, June 11, 2009

Blog Award!

One of the things that *totally* made my week was receiving the One Lovely Blog Award from the completely adorable Tiffany from I Am Style-ish.



As part of the award, I need to mention six things that made me happy today. It's really early in the day here in TX (only 10 a.m.), but luckily, it's been a GREAT day so far! Here i go:

1. Getting a pretty big new project from the managing partner at my firm - not only will it give me billable hours, but also be a good addition to my resume.

2. Reading sweet and funny blog comments/emails :)

3. Knowing that i don't have to buy my lunch today b/c we have a lunch meeting, aka the firm caters - woo hoo!

4. Receiving The Woman's Retreat Book by Jennifer Louden in the mail this morning. It's exactly what i need in preparation for this weekend!

5. Losing about 3-4 pounds b/c of my bout with strep! Total loss during that week was 6 pounds, but since i've started eating again i've regained a few. Still, i'll take ANY net loss and be happy with it. I stopped by Anthropologie on my way home from work yesterday and tried on about 5 dresses. For the first time in a LONG time, every single one looked great on me, and i completely attribute that to shedding those few extra pounds. (Sadly, i could not purchase all 5 dresses...) Glad something good came out of that awful week ;)

6. Seeing UP tonight with a dear friend at Austin's incredible Alamo Drafthouse. (P.S. If you have the latest Anthro catalog, it's shot in Austin, and in one of the pics, the model is standing right in front of the Alamo downtown - exciting!)

I pass this award to:

-Yogadiva's Divine Life
-Gussying Up the Tuttle
-Everyday Revelry
-Naturally Nina
-The Revising Life
-Creatuitive Coaching

5 comments:

Melita said...

congrats on your first ever blog award!!! that kicks booty!! and a huge thank you for passing the award to me. this is my first ever blog award too!! the award coming from you makes it extra special to me, so thank you my dear sweet friend, thank you!!

Ana said...

you are too sweet carolyn! thank you for passing the award along.

LOVE-ing your number 4 and 6.

Tiffany said...

yay! love your #5 as I am the same way. Whenever I get sick I always think, at least I'll be skinny after this! haha. such a girly thing to think.

Lucy said...

congrats on your blog award & thanks for passing it on to me. i have *never* one a blog award so i feel super, super special right now. glad you're having such a lovely day (& thanks for sweetening mine) :)

Globetrotting Cacti said...

Congratulations on your blog award. Loving your list - off to check out The Women's Retreat book...