Monday, June 8, 2009

Welcome to Bollywood



I heart Bollywood. If you don't know what that word means, you are certainly missing out, and I highly suggest you get thee to wikipedia asap and also search "bollywood" and "Aishwarya Rai" on youtube.



My obsession with all things Bollywood, i'm ashamed to say, came from watching a silly little flick called "Bride and Prejudice", aka the "Bollywood" version of Pride & Prejudice featuring the beautiful Aishwarya Rai. It was a small taste of what was to come. Since then i've watched a number of flicks (can't remember any names, sorry!), mostly with my BFFFEFEFFF from college (who's Indian) and loves to entertain my obsession. I've also seen the musical Bombay Dreams, own the soundtrack and frequently dance around to tracks like "Chaiyya Chaiyya" and "Shakalaka Baby" in my apartment when no one but Lola is watching.



Sadly, my dancing is quite limited as i have zero training in Bollywood-style dance. Enter BOLLYWOOD BHANGRA WORKOUT, a new class through UT Informal Classes that will allow me to pursue my love for bollywood moves AND sizzle some calories at the same time. Genius! Classes start July 15, and i CAN'T WAIT!!


P.S. It's no surprise that one of my fave scenes from Slumdog Millionaire was the end scene in which the actors danced to Jai Ho!

7 comments:

Alia said...

You are SO FRIGGING CUTE!!! :-)

You picked some great scenes to post on your blog...all three pics come from some of my fave Bollywood songs ever!

Crystal said...

I LOVE Bollywood!!! Bride and Prejudice was an awesome movie. Did I just admit that out loud? ;P These bollywood workout classes sound fab, I'm gonna check out if they have them in this area. Good luck!

Melita said...

yes, yes, and yes!! bollywood is great for many reasons. let me just name a few.... gorgeous people, wondrous colors, beautiful scenes... i could go on, but i'll stop now :)

Macy said...

I'm not so keen on the Bollywood, but Aishwarya Rai is certainly beautiful.

boubou said...

Bonjour !
First time i come across your blog so i'm gonna visit it now :)
well if you wanna be inspired by my collages/Scrapbook come and take a cup of tea in Boubouteatime :)
a bientot !
Boubouteatime xx

Naturally Jules said...

Now I'm intrigued! I got my first taste of the Bollywood from "Bend it like Beckham" - years ago. But I haven't seen a true "Bollywood" film. Will have to make a point of it!

The new class sounds like an absolute blast!

Bits of Splendor Shop said...

I love Bollywood and Bhangra too. In college, I used to make my roommate stay up and watch "Indian Top 10" on the international channel even though we had no idea what the songs meant.