Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bonjour, 26!

Bonjour, my lovelies! Oh you've all been so divine with your birthday wishes, and I sincerely thank you. You totally made my day (and week!). I've been so blessed with love this birthday, and so unexpectedly, that I've spent the majority of the last few days with a huge smile on my face. It's so funny to think that one month ago, I was dreading my 26th birthday and wanting it to pass quietly. (That's so not moi... i should've known better!) Anyhoo, I'm so behind on thank you notes, thank you tweets, thank you emails, and thank you facebook messages and hope to catch up at some point this weekend. Not to mention catching up on blogs and blogging!

Yesterday I began my 26th bday with a fun and challenging yoga class. I don't know what it was about yesterday, but I was fearless! I kicked up into handstand for the first time ever without assistance (and actually hung out there for a few seconds!), *finally* felt what it was like to balance in headstand, did backbend push-ups (had no idea I had the strength), and even attempted some scorpion-esque poses (all near the safety of a wall, of course!). It was intense and fun and felt SO good.

Afterwards, mon amie C & I went home to pack for Barton Springs, picked up some yummies from Central Market, and then hit the Springs. It was UNBEARABLY hot with little to no breeze, but luckily the water in the Springs is freakishly cold so we spent 3 hours alternating between laying out and jumping into the freezing pool. Next time I am bringing a float! Voila a glimpse into Austin's beloved Barton Springs -



Divine, isn't it? I can't wait to go back avec float and more H2O!

After the Springs, we got sushi at a fun new sushi restaurant mere steps from my apartment, had some wine and oodles of laughs. Topped off the day with delicious peanut butter froyo. Mmmmm delish. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday.

Of course now, I'm exhausted and soooooo did not want to wake up and get dressed for work this morning. Luckily I woke up to this sweet face, which somehow put me in a better mood:



Don't her legs look freakishly long? That's because they are! Oh how I love my little (giant) Lola bear!!

How are you darlings?? I'm missing you masses!! Tell me what's been going on!

11 comments:

Melita said...

sounds like you had a fantastic birthday!! and yay you for your headstands and handstands - you rock girl!! (and yes, afternoon tea is the bomb lol)

Analiese said...

Happy belated birthday! And yay to headstands and handstands!

Sarah said...

Sound like you had a fabulous birthday! And a headstand!!! Girl, that is impressive!!!! I yearn for the day I can do a headstand. Lola reminds me so much of my dog I had growing up, she was a bichon but looked very similar (probably a bit smaller). She was spoiled just like Lola. I hope the rest of your week is splendid!

KK said...

Welcome to Year 26! There is no doubt in my mind that this will be your best year yet! Starting the year off with a yoga class full of inversions and scary poses is such a courageous new beginning, and signals such goodness!

Naturally Jules said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous day! Congrats on the courageful yoga!

Andi said...

That photo is adorable!

Sallie Ann said...

Sounds like a great birthday. Miss Central Market, but whenver I visit parents in Ft. Worth I stock up on veggie tamalies.

And double congrats on the handstand. I've been practicing/teaching for 12 years and haven't mastered that. Good work, Cute Girl. Happy 26.

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you had such a great day.

shannon said...

so glad you had a fabulous birthday! barton springs sounds devine! i'll have to make a trip up there sometime soon.

kylie grethen said...

your birthday sounds so exquisite! you started twenty-six off on the right foot, no doubt about it! congrats on the headstand/handstand...my goal is to be in a balanced headstand by my twenty-fifth birthday! you have totally helped inspire me!!

Lucy said...

wowza~~what a great way to start your birthday with a headstand!!! that's so awesome & seems like a sign of all the fearless adventures to come this year :)

and miss lola is just too too much. i thought my kitties were cute, but lola takes the cake as they say