Remember that Sheryl Crow song? (...it can't be that baaaad.) I loved it. Anyhoo, I am... well, VERY happy right now! And I have been for the last couple weeks. And for someone who spent the majority of the last 3 years of her life very unhappy and often depressed, it feels AMAZING.
It feels like slipping into cold, clean sheets after a long day in the Texas heat. Like the first time the boy you like holds your hand. Like lounging on the beach, sipping a frozen cocktail and reading a really good book. Like laying in this hammock. It's divine.
Why am I so happy? Because...
- My birthday is in 8 days, and so far my plans include: (1) taking the day off (of my actual birthday - a Tuesday) and spending the day doing yoga, swimming at Barton Springs, and having a delicious sushi dinner, all with a gorgeous friend; (2) a fancy afternoon tea at The Crescent in Dallas with gal pals from law school; (3) spending this weekend with my Momma in good ole Rowlett, TX; (4) a few hours at the spa next Saturday; and (5) a super fun birthday potluck dinner Chez moi with a bunch of fun and fabulous friends. YAY 26!!
- My BFFEFEFEFF from college and i have decided to go to Miami over Halloween weekend. Holllaaaa!! I've never been 2 Miami, and I can't wait for our fun reunion! :)
- I'm eating the best green tea ice cream ever.
- I'm signing up for a knitting class AND a running class!
- These were two of the BEST decisions of my life.
I hope YOU are happy, dear readers, because you often make my days the happiest.