(B/c it's been a looooong afternoon, and i can't get my head to stop spinning long enough to write a proper post!)
1. Everyone went ga-ga over the Christian Louboutin sale on Gilt Group this morning, but i was beyond disappointed. Sure they had a select few black pumps, but for the most part, the shoes on sale were B-O-R-I-N-G. I want my first pair of Louboutin's (and yes, there WILL be a first pair...and hopefully many more!) to be FABULOUS, yo!
(P.S. My guy friend B's twitter status earlier : "Amazed by number of times I 've seen "Louboutin" on Twitter today. What I gather . . . on sale, causes crazy, and hurts productivity." Haha GUILTY!)
2. The Texas economy has been one of the last to be hit by the Recession (aka Depression Part Deux), but i'm finally starting to see the effects on small businesses here in Austin. Seventh Street Yoga now only has an online presence, and i'm still kicking myself for never taking a class there. The studio was beautiful, and i'm really sad for the owners. My fave lil pet shop "The Furr Factor" has a big FOR LEASE sign in its window, which is really sad b/c i used to take Lola there all the time when she was a puppy (further proof that when i stop shopping, the economy goes downhill!). Sad day...
3. Speaking of the "Recession", if things are so bad then why the heck was the giant flagship Whole Foods on 5th/Lamar BURSTING at the seams today?? Seriously, dude, that food ain't cheap, and even I have had to cut back on my Central Market/Whole Foods trips, but it seems that quality food is going to be the last thing to go on people's lists (which makes sense to me, but oh GOD, talk about major headache getting in and out of there on my lunch break!).
4. Am BEYOND excited that Jen Lancaster's fourth book, "Pretty In Plaid", will be released in just a few weeks!! If you haven't read any of her memoirs, i dare you to not laugh out loud. She's. Friggin. Hilarious.
5. How funny that just yesterday i tweeted about my obsession with Miroslava Mikheeva Duma and this morning, when i checked my dailies, i found that the lovable Garance and i were TOTALLY on the same page! (and yes i realize that it really isn't coincidence at all seeing as how fashion sites discuss her almost daily) I'm so impressed with this fashionista that i'm going to cut this list short and leave you with these stunning, inspiring images... (p.s. i want her hair!!)