Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Monday!

Is that a contradiction? Eh, whatever, i'm determined to make it a happy Monday! The sun is shining, the skies are a lovely shade of blue, and i'm wearing my very cheery Trina Turk skirt that i had planned to wear for Easter service in Dallas but didn't due to the meteologist's LIES about there being awful thunderstorms all day yesterday. Hmph. Oh well - i did manage to lay out by the pool yesterday with this stack of new magazines i got in the mail on Saturday.



I just adore getting a batch of fresh magazines, don't you?? And at the subscription rates going these days (i got 24 months for something like $10!), it's saving me oodles of money at the check-out. I used to be such a sucker for buying magazines at the check-out stands of Target, Whole Foods, you name it. I know my Mom secretly hates that i read magazines, but i LOVE them and could never give them up.

Anyway, I did go to church last night with my cousin and thoroughly enjoyed it. It motivated me to really get on the ball about finding a good Women's Small Group that isn't full of either annoying "good"/uptight/socially awkward people OR the alternative, extra-fratty/even-more-annoying/"I'm Christian b/c it's cool" people. Gosh, if you took offense to that sentence, i am truly sorry but it's been so hard for me to find people at church with whom i can actually... gel. You know?

OK, new topic.

Woke up to this adorably sleepy face this morning!



She was probably tres confused as to why i was up so early. Well, I've re-started my Morning Pages a la Julia Cameron and "The Artist's Way". Yay! For those of you who are unfamiliar, Julia suggests waking up every morning and journaling 3 full pages of whatever-pops-into-your-head. I did them yesterday and this morning and it's amazing what a difference it's made in my general attitude/mood.

Am planning to pick up delicious Greek food next door for lunch and attend a wellness luncheon on "Laughter: the Physiological and Psychological Benefits". Should be tres interesting...

Happy Monday, darlings!

7 comments:

Melita said...

happy monday to you too! i'm interested in hearing about this wellness luncheon. i wish, like you, that i could find a small group of like-minded women. it seems so hard nowadays.

Anonymous said...

LIARS!!!!!!!

i need to get subscriptions bad. the bf makes me feel guilty because it's not environmentally friendly. but i think that they would be good for my mental health :)

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

I love getting magazines in the mail - I just got ELLE today, as a matter of fact!

And Greek food is the best. =]

Bisous,
La C.

Shes Dressing Up said...

Ooh I wish I had a thick stack of magazines to read!

Anonymous said...

My mum is always giving out about the amount of magazines I read ....I can't help it though!!!!!!
Although I wish we could get as good subscription deals in Ireland!!

Anonymous said...

love the name of your blog lol
and yes its great when my magazine arrives or i aopen a new one for the first time, i get a rush of excitement from it :)

xx

Unknown said...

I love magazines - and I so wish I could get back into morning pages. I am currently on a quest to do yoga for 20-30 minutes every morning, so I want to see how long I can make that last before adding another thing.